Valentine’s Day Butter Biscuits Recipe
- 250g plain flour
- 4 tbsp jam
- 100g icing sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 200g butter (cubed)
- 2 egg yolks
- Mixing bowl
- Rolling pin & Flat surface
- Heart shaped cutter
- Baking tray
- Wire cooling rack
- Preheat the oven to 170C/325F/Gas 3.
- Place the flour, butter, icing sugar and salt into a bowl. Using your fingertips, rub the ingredients together until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg yolks and mix until a dough forms.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and roll out to a thickness of about 0.5cm/¼in.
- Cut out shapes using a 4cm/1½in cutter.
- Divide the sables in half. Using a 2cm/1in fluted cutter, make a hole in the middle of half of the sable biscuits and discard the dough. Place all the sables on a baking tray.
- Bake the sables for 10-12 minutes, or until light golden-brown and crisp. Remove and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Using a teaspoon, place a small dollop of raspberry jam on a whole sable. Place a sable (with a hole) over the whole sable biscuit. Repeat until half the sables are done with raspberry jam, then repeat the process, using apricot jam, for the remaining sables.
We’d just like to say “Thank you” to Sara Danesin Medio
From MasterChef who created this recipe. Educational Life sourced the recipe from BBC Food for their recipe (we have altered it slightly) and to Sweet Heart Cakes, Crafts and More for their tutorial showing how to make ‘Jammie Dodgers – Delicious Sandwich Cookies’ (which are very similar to this recipe.)
*A sable is half of the butter biscuit*
For food hygiene reasons, you must remember to wash your hands before touching any food.