Why Must I Wear Sun Cream?
To raise awareness of the importance of wearing sun cream for staying safe in the sun and protecting our skin, we are sharing these information leaflets from the British Association of Dermatologists and for the Sun Safety Programme 2017 in association with La Roche-Posay Laboratoire Dermatologique.
It is so important to protect our skin from the sun because it is sensitive to the UV rays emitted by the sun.
“Not everyone’s skin offers the same level of protection in the sun. That’s why you need to know your ‘skin type’. It can help give you an idea of how much care you need to take in the sun. Your skin type cannot be changed and does not vary according to how tanned you are – it is determined by your genes.”
If we do not protect our skin then we risk sun burn, sun stroke, heat rash, prickly heat and skin cancer. Please take the time to review the information and use it to keep yourself safe.
We particularly like the UV app and how to check your skin for warning signs of sun damage.
Easy steps to staying safe in the sun:
- Wear a hat
- Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes
- Reapply sun cream after being in the water
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated
- Put a t shirt on to cover your skin
- Avoid the sun between 11:00-15:00 as that is when it is most powerful
- Don’t forget to put sun cream on your face, hands and feet!
- Rub the sun cream in using a circular motion to ensure even coverage and after application, wait 20 minutes before going into direct sunlight
Your skin should be protected all year round – not just during the summer months. Sun protection is now found in the majority or moisturisers.
#sunsafety #britishassociationofdermatologists (at Educational Life CIC)